About the Position:
Turning is looking for a highly skilled DevOps engineer to help change the face of learning by using technology to build incredible, unexpected, and delightful experiences for our clients. Asa Turning DevOps engineer you will play a key role in establishing, implementing and maintaining the second iteration of our deployment, data, and security infrastructure. You will be joining a small team who is in the process of defining and building out a standards compliant cloud infrastructure that is inline with current industry best practices. This team is responsible for all things deployment and infrastructure related. When not developing product deployments, you will have a large focus on tooling to support automated best processes.
- Maintain, modify, and enhance new and existing application infrastructure.
- Assist development teams with infrastructure planning and design.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies for implementation.
- Create robust, scalable, and highly-available infrastructure for a variety of applications.
- Work collaboratively with team members both on-site and remotely.
- Ensure availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems. You will make sure that industry standard best practices are followed across our entire stack.
- Troubleshoot any infrastructural issues that may arise. You will lead the investigation into any complicated infrastructure issues that may arise across various application domains and platforms.
- Evaluate new technologies. You will provide dev ops expertise when assisting other engineers who are researching new technology alternatives and vendor products. You will provide recommendations for architecture and process improvements. This will involve researching new technologies and quickly grasping their fundamentals as well as pros and cons.
· Thrive in a highly collaborative team environment.
· Bias for working in a high-velocity, high-performance environment.
· Capable of effectively communicating technical concepts to team members.
· Demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies.
· Maintain a positive attitude and embrace change in a dynamic environment.
· Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with/practitioner of Agile methods/approach.
- Experience with Linux administration, monitoring and task automation (Ubuntu preferred).
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure administration (AWS preferred).
- Experience with infrastructure as code concepts and technologies (AWS CloudFormation preferred).
- Knowledge of cloud-based networking concepts (VPC, subnets, routing, firewalls).
- Knowledge of scalable web hosting technologies including DNS, load balancing and SSL/TLS.
- Understanding of relational database concepts and administration (Postgres preferred).
- Experience using source control such as Git, Subversion or equivalent.
- Legally authorized to work in the US on permanent basis. Please note that Turning is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years of experience managing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- 1+ years experience in CI/CD build management (TeamCity is a plus)
- 1+ years of experience with Linux administration
- 1+ years of experience with SQL database design and operation
- 1+ years of experience working in an agile environment
- You are security minded. You know how to manage secrets in a cloud environment and you know how to secure a database. You understand common auth protocols such as OAuth/OIDC.
- Familiarity with web service design and development